Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Heyo ya'll,

How are you all doing? Nope I didn't have to have my appendix removed thank goodness. I ended up going to a urologist because the medicine wasn't working at all. He just said that my intestines are really inflamed so I am taking the same medication and I am going to be taking another too if it ever gets to the pharmacy. I still feel a little sore at times but I am starting to feel quite a lot better so hopefully that is the end of that. Okay I will be ready to Skype at 6 my time 5 your time. Maybe get on a few minutes early too just in case. I'm soooo beyond excited to talk to you all!!!!!!! Oh and yeah the package got here last Monday night. Thanks so much!!! It had some really great stuff. I really like the ties!!!! Especially the checkered one.
Well this last week was a bit crazy. It was definitely a test of patience. We ended up moving to our new house on Tuesday which is actually really nice by the way. After we moved in we had to buy all of our dishes etc. and we got lost going to the house where we all ate lunch so we didn't get to teach any lessons, basically the same thing happened the next day because we were at the doctor like all day, and then this weekend like everyone was gone. Friday we looked and looked for people to teach all day: in-actives, less actives, actives, street contacts, etc. We walked all day and didn't teach one single lesson. It was crazy no one was home. Saturday was basically the same. However, on Saturday night we had our first lesson with a new investigator that we received as a reference from a member. His name is Angel. He has a lot of changes to make but he has come to church twice and he seems to really like it. I think that with time he will end up getting baptized. He was kind of the bright spot of our whole week. However, despite all of the challenges we have stayed positive and are trying to look at it as a test of patience. We are also preparing to do everything possible to finish this last week of the transfer strong. I'm guessing that Elder Schofield and I will both end up staying here, but I have been wrong before so we'll see what happens.
Thanks for your advice about getting people to come to church. Basically that's what we are doing, but it hasn't worked too well. We need to get the members more excited about missionary work It's like you said dad, it all starts with the ward council. We've only havd ward council once in the five weeks that I've been here, and I'm not sure if they have a ward mission plan either. We'll have to look into it a little bit more. Thanks for sharing that talk with me mom. I think that it really applies to this week. I especially like the part about the kite. It really is true. We'll that´s about all from my end. Have a good week and try not to do too much yard work dad hahaha.

Con amor,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment