Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16th 2013


December 16th 2013

Hola everyone. Thanks for the advice support and prayers. I know that it´s normal for basically every missionary to struggle for a while so no worries. I actually had a better week this week in a lot of ways. I've been sick a lot of this week but I have medicine and I'm feeling better. I think I ate some bad street food. Stupid tacos haha. No worries though I am very upbeat for the most part. I have also been sleeping in my coat and have been warmer. My incision has been bugging me a lot so I'm going to watch it for another week or two and if it doesn´t improve I might go to the doctor. We'll see though. I might just have to grit my teeth and deal with it. I had companionship exchanges this week with our district leader. I went to his area for a day and a night. It's a lot rougher of an area than my area and I was a little bit nervous at first, but he really helped to reassure me that we are protected on our missions and that if we are obedient and follow the Spirit that we have nothing to worry about. He took time out of his personal study to study with me and to strengthen me. I really appreciated it. I think he is a good example of a leader. We're still looking for an apartment but with no success so please pray that we can find one. We really need one in our area because it wastes a lot of time to travel from where our apartment is now to our area. I know we'll find one eventually. The members are a big help and we always check with them to see if they have heard of any that are available.    Thanks for your advice dad. At times it's hard to remember that you have been through this exact same thing. I wish I would have asked you more about your mission before I left. We will have plenty of time to talk about it when I get home though. I look forward to it. We taught several great families this week. My spanish is getting a little better. I am learning that I need to just open my mouth and talk even if it is incorrect. All I can do is my best. We had a really good lesson with a member yesterday. He is very sick. I think that he might have Parkinsons disease. He shakes a ton and he can't talk. He really wants to go to church but he can't. We are trying to locate a wheelchair so that we can surprise him and bring him to sacrament meeting for Christmas. We are going to spend Christmas eve with a member family in our ward. They invited us to lunch and dinner. I think it will be a lot of fun. We have P-day on Christmas instead of Monday. Also, we cannot Skype in the homes of members so we will have to do it on the 23rd or 24th. I don´t know when yet for sure because it depends on when the internet cafes are open. I will let you know ASAP. I hope that that works for everyone because I really want to Skype with you all. I'm am grateful for the opportunity to be out here. It is hard but usually I love it and I know I will love it more with time. Love you all!

Elder Schow
 
(All of Britton's posts are edited and there are some experiences that are not included due to their personal or sacred nature)

No comments:

Post a Comment