Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 6th 2014

January 6th 2014

Hola familia y otros personas que posible van a leer esto!

We get to write today because I guess transfers are in Tuesdays. Butttt...I´m not transferring!!! I'm staying in Cafetales with Elder Patey for at least one more transfer. I'm excited to continue to work here with him.   I think that we have a lot to learn from each other, and we have a ton of work to do. Incidentally we had a killer week this week; we led the zone in lessons, new investigators, baptismal dates, etc! We had kind of been struggling for a while, but we really tried to change our prayers this week and poof, we received success out of nowhere. This really taught us a lesson. If our prayers are not as sincere as they should be we will not receive help in our work. It was kind of a bummer though, we had 21 people that committed to come to sacrament meeting and not a one came :( We even called everyone to confirm that they were coming. We were pretty sad because the Gonzales family didn't come and their baptismal dates fell. We will get them all to come this week though. Our district leader gave us a lot of tips and we are in good spirits. :) I think we have a baptism in 2 weeks for Brother Gonzales.. We also still have several other people with baptismal dates too, and we are going to work really hard to help them to meet their goal. I am really starting to see how the gospel can change lives. I have seen it start to change the lives of many people. I am glad to be a part of it. I made several New Years resolutions. One of them is to exercise every morning. It is sooo hard to get up haha, but I just need to force myself to do it. We get beds soon too which is a great blessing. We are going to move into an apartment on top of the mansion of one of the members of our ward. There is an amazing view up there. It's pretty sweet. This family is awesome, they wanted to let us use their apartment for free, but because the church has to pay them they are going to give the money to the church missionary fund. They are so giving. We just need to find a member that has a vehicle large enough to bring beds, etc. from the mission office. Hopefully this week. That was nice of Elder Johnson's mom. He´s a great missionary and his Spanish is amazing for how little time he has here. He'll be a trainer or something for sure. Thank you for your prayers. You're all in my prayers too. It's so good to hear from you all. You are a huge strength to me. If you want to you can pray for the Gonzales family, the Carmona Family, and the Rodriguez family. Talk to you soon. Oh, and good luck with your goal to do missionary work. My advice is work with the missionaries in your ward or stake. They can really help you and you can really help them, even if all you can do is go to a lesson with them or something. The missionaries need the help of members. This is a huge problem in many places, especially here. The members don't realize we need their help and can't do this alone. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Elder Schow.

No comments:

Post a Comment