Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 17, 2014

Hello everyone. Wow long letters this week from everyone. I really hope that I have time to respond to everything haha. Keep it up though. I love to hear from you all. Well, the news is in...............I´m staying here again. Same area, same companion. It´s like a record because It´s super rare for companions to be together for more then 12 weeks in this mission. We must be doing something right. They divided our area and our district and so Elder Patey is going to be the district leader for Cafetales and I'm going to be his companion for another 6 weeks at least. It should be good.   He's a really good elder and he has a really strong testimony and a strong desire to share it. This is a strong example to me. I really need to develop more love for the people here.
We lost a lot of our investigators because of the division. We only have like 9 that live in our area. We're going to have to do a lot of finding again to build up our pool of investigators. Especially if we are going to meet the goals for the month that the area presidency gave us. We need 40 lessons a week and we can only get like 30 max. We have more time now though because I finished my training and we can leave the apartment at 10:30 instead of 12. So that should be good. I'm not a fan of being cooped up in the apartment for half the day so I am excited to leave earlier. Party because it´s really cold inside haha. Oh and we have 2 baptisms this weekend. They are both named A. One of them is keeping her baptism a secret from her husband because she wants to surprise him. We going to have him come the baptismal service under the pretext that he is going to baptize A. when in reality he is going to baptize the other A., his wife. Hopefully that makes sense. It´ll be interesting to see how it works out. I think that it will be a very powerful spiritual experience for the both of them. We are really sad to lose one family (the C. family). We kinda found them by accident but they are so nice. They are some of the most Christlike people that I have ever met. They're investigators but they invited us to eat with them like 3 times and we have a standing invitition every single friday night. They have also given us rides before. They don't have a ton but they are willing and want to share all that they have. They wanted us to tell you guys that we are in good hands. I think we get to eat with them one more time and teach one more lesson. We´ll hopefully still get to see them on Sundays though because they live in our ward boundaries.
I'm glad that you all are doing well and that you had a good experience in your meetings mom and dad. And mom you don't need to apologize for anything. I´m that one that should be sorry. I'm very excited for when I can come home and build even stronger relationships with all of you guys because in reality I wasted a lot of time and I said a lot of thing and did a lot of things that I regret. I'm going to change all of that. Just look to the future. I'm very excited because the future is bright for all of us.
I'm really glad that grandmas surgery went well. Say "hi" to all of the grandparents for me and that I love them. I really do want to write them more but
It's really hard because we can only write for 1 hour if we want to be obedient. So pass my love along. I´m glad that you got to watch some of the olympics. That new sport sounds nuts. Backwards? That would be freaky haha. The olympics are always fun to watch. We were listening to my music this morning and the olympics theme song is on my ipod. We started laughing (We have 2 other missionaries with us right now for 2 nights because they changed their area to sister missionaries and they had nowhere to stay). Well that´s about it. You are all in my prayers. I love you all.

Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment