Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Hola!
Well I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. It sounds like you were able to do several fun things over the last week! That Wellness Center sounds pretty cool! Is it going to be a public thing, or is it a private entity? More tennis courts, eh? :) That`s funny about the moose mom. It's crazy that it got down so far. That's also really cool about Audrey. You`ll have to tell her congrats for me. Have you met her fiance? That's funny about the campout dad. It sounds EXACTLY the same as when Ethan and I used to go. I can`t believe that he is still in the same calling. I starting to think that he`ll be in charge of the 11 year old scouts until he dies. Don't worry about last week, as far as I can tell things have gotten better. Thanks for sending the stamps and the memory card mom. I will let you know when they arrive. I don`t think that you need to send me shirts. Some of them have a couple of little stains and such, but nothing major so I think that unless something drastic happens I should be good for at least another 4-6 months or so. Thanks for offering to send some more though. The one thing that I might need is a pair of suit pants. I have no clue how, but mine got some bleach stains on them? Super random. I have a couple of other pairs from J C Penney that look practically identical but that are starting to wear out. It might be hard to match them so if it impossible don`t worry about it and I will see what I can do here.
Well this week was a little bit better than the last week in terms of numbers etc. We were actually able to teach more lessons and find a few new people to teach. The thing that is giving us the biggest problem right now is that we have appointments every hour, but half of the people aren't home when we go to teach them. We need to work on making sure that they are going to for sure be there so that we don't waste a bunch of time for nothing. We found a new investigator this week named M. that we taught once and that seems really interested. I contacted him while we were waiting to talk to a doctor in our area that gives us references sometimes. He is catholic but has a lot of doubts about the Catholic church so we think that we can really help him. I am starting to try to contact more. It is really difficult sometimes, but the more that we do it the more confidence that we gain. Also, sometimes we can find some really good people through contacts. We just have to have the courage to open our mouths. I've also been trying to do better at exercising this week. It`s been killing me haha. I've been walking around like an old man all week. I'm really trying to get into a pattern so that I have more energy etc during the day. I think that it will be great in the long run. So we should be having K.'s baptism this Sunday. She is super excited. Her mom is also coming back to church again and the two of them brought another family to church with them this Sunday that aren't members. They're totally killiing it. We also had another investigator that came to church this week for the first time and loved it. His name is A. R. didn't come. We taught him the night before and he was super down. The more we get to know him the more that we think something is a bit off with him. We feel like he should go to a doctor, but I don't think that he has money. We offered him a blessing the last time we saw him and he was going to think about it. I feel like if we give him one that it will really help him. We'll that's about all from here in stairs land. Love you all. Stay safe.
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment