Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

Hello everyone!

Mom, tommorow it is your birthday. SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAHA. I hope that you do something really fun!!!! I know that you will have many many more to look forward to.

Thanks for all of your letter and emails and such everyone! It is always great to read them! I laughed quite a bit about that movie dad. I am intrigued to find out how Santa Clause defeated the martians when I get home haha. I`m almost 99% sure that it will go right up to the top spot in my top 10 list. Sorry for the confusion about my companion mom. Maybe I wrote it wrong, but he is from Baja California of i.e. Mexico. Thanks for the picture mom. You guys should send me more if you have time. I bet that you all are getting excited about the baby. I know that I am even though I won't see her for like a year! I'm glad that you had a decent fourth of July even if the fireworks were a bit lame. It sounds like you guys did some fun stuff. Pizza Pie Cafe...YUM! I like that place a lot. I have also heard that Captain America 2 is good from several people so we will have to watch it when I get home. Thank you for your testimonies, advice, and concern. I always appreciate it.

Well nothing overly noteworthy happened this week. We've reached the rainy season here in Mexico City and it rains every day...and hard haha. On saturday we were in the middle of a huge flight of steps when it started pouring. Walking down to the bottom was like walking down a mini waterfall. Needless to say we got soaked haha, but it didn't dampen our spirits too much, just all of our clothes. We're still struggling a bit to find a sufficient number of people to teach. We find some good people but they are tending to go cold quickly. We only have 4 people with baptismal dates now because basically no one is coming to church. Rafael and his mom Estella came though and another investigator named Manuel brought his wife- (they both came to church fasting even though we haven't taught them that yet. He also wants to pay tithing haha). The four of them are pretty great. The tricky thing is that they work a ton so it makes it difficult to teach them more than once a week. We will keep working with them though even if the progress is slow.

We have definitely found a lot of people this last week that need help. It is amazing to me how many downtrodden, sad, and bitter people there are in the world. It is easy to see that there is defintely the need for a Savior. I know that I need to do even more to lift up the heads that hang down and to strengthen the feeble knees. I am starting to see many of the people with more compassion. I just wish that there were more of them that would let us help them. I guess that the important thing to remember is that everyone has their agency to choose and all that we can do is our part and leave the rest up to them. My companion and I are excited to see what we can do this week to help bring about miracles. We are ready to keep working hard and giving it our all. Well I love you all! I hope that all is well!

Love, Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment