Monday, August 25, 2014

August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014
Hey!!!!

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!!! It was a good day. We didn't do anything too out of the ordinary, but we happened to have key lime pie at lunch and my companion bought me cookies! Thanks for the package everyone! It was a fun thing to share with my companion. He was super excited to have rootbeer because it is super hard to find here. We enjoyed it. Well I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. It sounds like you guys had fun at the cousins reunion and Madeline with Lauren and Cam. I am happy to hear that. It sounds like you did a lot of fun stuff! It´s crazy that it´s already the middle of August. Ella will be here before we all know it. It sounds like the baby shower was a success! It´s a good thing that you all got inside right before it rained. It has been raining like crazy here too. There has also been a ton of lightning. The thunderclaps have been literally ginormous. I have never heard thunder so loud before. One night this week I woke up to an earthquake and a huge thunderstorm at like 5 in the morning. It was like the second coming or something haha. It was pretty cool. It was just a baby earthquake though. That´s a really cool story mom! Something similar did happen to us.

Well this week was good. We had a zone conference this week and our Mission President talked about the importance of really studying the scriptures. He talked about when Nephi was commanded to build a boat and helped us to analyze his obedience and all of the work that he did that sometimes we don´t really see when we read the scriptures. This week was pretty good. We are teaching several good families right now. R should also be getting baptized in about three weeks. If you want to keep them in your prayers they are the C. family, the T. family, the B. family, and R, O, and A. We have been blessed to be able to find several new people to teach these last 2 months. Some of them have obviously gone cold, but they have been the means of finding others.

We are working really hard to excite the ward about missionary work. It has not been easy. We are finally seeing some changes. Our bishop finally talked to our investigators this Sunday for I believe the first time ever. It is a small thing, but it is improving. My comp is really good. We are trying to work really hard, but have fun at the same time. I really like a quote that he always says,¨ I´m so optomistic that I go after Moby Dick in a rowboat, and I bring the tarter sauce with me.¨ Well that´s all folks. Love you all a ton!

Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment