Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 16, 2015

January 16, 2015
Howdy everyone,

Well my new p-day is Friday, not Tuesday.  Sorry for the confusion.  I guess I get a double p-day this week because my companion hasn't had one yet.  From what they have told me I won't really have p-day anyway because we are always busy and whatnot, but it's alright- it should be pretty chill.  

So, from what I have seen so far we are in the offices from 10 to about 2:30 every day except Saturday and Sunday.  However, there are some crazy days when new missionaries arrive and the old ones leave.  I guess we are in the airport like all day because we have to pay for luggage, taxi's etc.  It should be a pretty fun assignment though.  My temporary companion is super awesome- Elder James.  I should be with him for about 3 to 4 weeks so that I can learn everything that I need to know.  He is a ton like Taylor so we get along really really well.  I'll be sad when we have to change.  When I finish my training I think that my new companion will be Elder Flores, the president's secretary that is in charge of vistas, passports, etc.  He lives with us right now and he seems like a pretty nice guy.  The mission home is super nice.  There are 7 of us living there right now.  It's huge.  I'll have to try to send some pics soon of the house, area, etc.    

Our area seems like it will be pretty good.  We are only able to be there like 4-5 hours on a normal day, but that still gives us a decent amount of time to teach 5 lessons or so.  Our ward is really big, but the large part of it is in a super-rich area so we are hardly ever there.  We ate in an enormous house on Wednesday.  I guess we eat there every Wednesday and they call it rich lady Wednesday haha.  We are usually in a colony called Santo Domingo that is a lot like my other areas.  Supposedly it is very dangerous, but it seems super tranquil.  I think that the bad stuff must happen later at night when we have left the area.  We should be able to teach some great people there.  Well that´s about all that´s new here.  I hope you all have a great week.  Talk to you next Friday

Love, Elder Schow  

No comments:

Post a Comment