Monday, September 29, 2014

September 22, 2014

Sept. 22, 2014

Hey everyone! 

So it sounds like this week has been exciting!  Ella was born!  I can imagine that it was really fun to get to see her.  I´m glad that she was born without any sort of complication.  She´s very cute too!!!  I will wait with anticipation for more pictures soon.  Hopefully dad and Maddie don´t eat little Caesers too often haha.  Sorry about the car dad....that´s kind of a bummer.  It is really old though...I´m glad that the primary program went well.  It´s always fun to see!  That´s cool that the Moncurs are adopting another baby from China.  I´m very happy for them.  That´s cool too that Roger and Diana might be moving back to Pocatello.  It´s crazy how long they have been gone.  

This week has been good!  As you all know I got transferred to a new area.  I am currently in an area called Espartaco 1!  I am finishing the last 6 weeks of training for Elder Cumbe from Ecuador.  He´s a really good missionary.  We get along super well, and we've had a really fun time together so far  So it´s really a pretty cool area here.  It´s super chill, and sometimes it´s easy to forget that we are in the middle of the big city.  The thing that´s not so great is that the last several missionaries that have been here except for my comp. have been super lazy and there are like no investigators.  We have been working a lot on finding new people to teach.  We have been contacting like animals, okay not really haha, but we have been contacting a lot.  To be honest it´s something that I hardly ever did before.  I kind of regret a bit that I didn't do it more often before.  Hopefully it yields some fruits soon.  So I've decided that I like training.  It´s really fun.  This week I have really been able to understand better that we can be obedient, and serious about the work, but that we can also be a little bit loose and actually have a lot of fun.  It has been a good learning experience for me.  The ward here needs a lot of help. We really can do great things here if we can start to work with the ward.  I am really excited for this transfer.  It is not going to be easy, but with hard work it is possible.  This week I adopted a phrase that I really like: act as if it were impossible to fail.  I have really tried to internalize it, and I have seen some results.  Well I've got to go.  I love you all.  Talk to you soon!

Elder Schow 

No comments:

Post a Comment