Monday, October 20, 2014

October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

Hello everyone! 

Well this week has been a long but good one.  We have just been trying to work really hard as usual.  We had a pretty successful week in several aspects.  We were able to bring a lot of members to lessons this week.  They have been a huge help.  They actually formed some great friendships with some of the people that we are teaching so that has been great!  Many of them have even asked us, Elders when can I come to appointments with you?  My jaw about fell off of my face when the first person asked us that.  I don´t think I have ever heard that question in my whole mission so it was pretty cool.  I know that the Lord has been helping us a lot in this area.  When I got here it was not in the best of shape.  It still has a long way to go, but the Lord has really put prepared people in our path.  We are still teaching a lot of the same people this week, and many of them are progressing muy bien.   I am really coming to love the people here.  It is hard to explain, and it was something that was very difficult for me in the start of my mission but things are definitely changing in that aspect.  Little by little I think that I am beginning to understand a bit better the love that Christ has for us.  I am also starting to understand much better the changes that he makes possible in each of our lives.  It has been really fun teaching E.  She is a character.  The last time that we taught her she was telling us about some experiences that she has had visiting other churches.  She said that once the separated her from her daughter that was about 7 at the time.  When the service was over she asked her daughter how she had liked church.  Her daughter told her that it had been fine, but rather than teach them anything that they had forced the children to prepare dough for doughnuts haha.  There were a lot of strange stories that she told us.  I'm convinced that there is something whacked out with our apartment.  We had exchanges a few nights ago and we were praying sitting down because our DL can't kneel down because he had knee surgery.  While I was praying I distinctly felt something tug on my tie a bit hard twice.  It was super weird.  We've been a bit on edge at night.  We know that nothing can happen, but it´s still a bit strange.  Truthfully though, things are going great.  I'm glad that you all are well. It sounds like it has been a good week.  If you see someone without a smile, lend them yours.  Love you all!

Elder Schow    

No comments:

Post a Comment