Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 9, 2014

March 9, 2014

Hey yall,

Well this week was a good one I'm happy to say. I feel like some aspects of the work are starting to click into place a little bit more for me. I feel that my testimony is starting to grow, and that I'm starting to lose a lot of my nerves to talk to others. I had companionship exchanges with the zone leaders this week. I went with Elder Yates to his area- Xochimilco (so-chi-milk-oh). It's a pretty sweet area. There's a huge canal that runs through it with a bunch of dug out canoes and little boats. Very beautiful. It was really nice to have a change of scenery and to learn from someone that has a lot of experience in the mission. We didn´t have a lot of lessons, but I feel that I learned a lot from him. He helped me out a ton with my personal study and making it meaningful. I'm sorry to say that for the first 4 months or so of the mission I don't feel that I learned much in personal study because it wasn't as meaningful as it could have been. He taught me how to use a study journal and how to study with questions. I've only been able to do it a couple of times so far, but I can already see a huge difference. He also taught me how to contact more effectively and without fear. When we were going to Xochimilco last night to report the numbers for our district I was able to put it into practice and contact someone on the bus. I had like a 10 minute conversation with him and got his address, etc. It was a really great experience and a huge leap of progress for me personally. I also felt very good when I was testifying to him. This is a testimony to me of revelation. I feel that what my zone leader told me and helped me with is what I really needed to hear because I can see a huge difference already in the work and in my testimony.
While I was on exchanges Elder Patey was in a bus with the other zone leader Elder Perez and someone sold him an acoustic electric guitar for 100 pesos, like 8 bucks. Super lucky, eh? The other wierd thing is that we're permitted to have small guitars. Which doesn't make much sense because our mission president is very strict. We aren't complaining though because we've had some fun with it. We were talking about music last night and to be honest dad I until then I didn´t realize how many songs of Cat Stevens that I actually like. I guess Elder Patey's dad likes Cat Stevens too...Long story short you might have a convert to your ways after all hahaha.
I'm sorry that the ward is kinda dead with missionary work. That's kind of how I feel about our area right now. We can't find new people to teach. We are looking everywhere. We only have one investigator named Celia with a baptismal date. If you could pray for her and that we can find new people to teach that would be great. I will do the same for you. I like that 40 day fast idea. We should do that here. I hope your ward council works better than ours does. Everyone showed up 30 minutes or more late. Including the bishop. This is starting to become a pattern. We hope that the stake president will call them to repentance :)
Anyways, glad you all are well. Sorry for the challenges with work mom. I know that things will improve. Thank you for all of your prayers and examples. Love you all.

Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment